Thursday, October 5, 2017

October 5-on-5: Learning with Letters

Since my son is in school and my daughter still stays at home with me, official first day of school pictures are really limited to just him (for now).  Of course, just because my daughter isn't in a school building doesn't mean she can't still be learning.  In fact, she loves to practice her reading and writing, which is just what she did when her new glasses appeared on the scene.

She started with drawing a line through the alphabet and making sure to hit them all in order (with a little help on that l-m-n section).

Beginning letter sounds are a new skill, so the next page was perfect for her to sit and work through.  Lots of slowly sounding words out to hear that first letter.

 And pushing back her hair so she could stay fully focused on her task at hand.

 Got it!  I love her excitement when she shows she understands!


And a final look over to make sure she's done them all right!

I love being able to watch her think and learn. It's one of the cool bonuses of staying home and getting to be her 1-on-1 teacher.  And then I even get to take pictures and share them with you!

Speaking of sharing, I know it's so much easier to stop right here, but it's not nearly as rewarding.  The photographers in my circle are a talented bunch and I would love to know that their work is being seen by YOU.  Hop on over to see Margaret Albaugh, Spokane Photographer.

Until next time,