Tuesday, September 5, 2017

September 5-on-5: Exploring the World

This summer, my kiddos and I got to hang out with my MOPS group at a local creek and take a break from the heat of summer.  My son is sort of over the idea of playing in water if there's no large water slides involved.  My daughter, on the other hand, is still very interested in splashing around just for fun.  I'm so thankful to have the chance to do it all over again.  Exploring the world is such a beautiful piece of this season.  It's probably one of my most favorite parts of being a Mom and a documentary photographer - watching the exploration unfold.


While my daughter is exploring with her eyes, my boy is exploring with his mind.  And believe it or not, I see the same beauty in his exploration, simply during a different season.  I remember a time when I didn't have so much on my plate and reading was magical.  It allowed me to be transported to a different world.


Sometimes I think my daughter's exploration takes her to a different world too.  I find her lost in playing and pretending and singing and dancing.  How I wish her world could come alive so I could see it too.




All the while, my son is oblivious to his surroundings and completely focused on the world he has gone to.




But no matter what world they have travelled to, their giggles and smiles always bring them back to remind me they are my world.


I hope you can take a break from your world for just a little longer and make your way through our circle.  The talented Erin Berry, a Central Pennsylvania documentary photographer, is up next and I know you'll be glad you took the time to see her story of their final summer get away.  And I hope you'll give the photographers in our group a little love and support too.  We creatives always struggle to know if what we are creating is making any sort of impact on our viewers - and it makes our hearts feel good when we know it did.

Until next time,